Inspiring, fun and engaging — not words often associated with science and medical experts, yet Dr Ranj combines all three with infectious enthusiasm.
Ranj is a TV personality with a difference: a flourishing NHS clinician, specialising in the wellbeing of young people; and an exciting on-screen talent who can turn his hand to any subject.
With an impressive TV career already under his belt, Ranj is certainly someone you will be seeing a lot more of in the future. He is one of the resident doctors on ITV’s leading daytime series This Morning, co-presenter of ITV’s prime-time series Save Money: Good Health & Save Money: Lose Weight and co-creating host of BAFTA award-winning CBeebies series, Get Well Soon. As well as these flagship shows, Ranj can regularly be seen on other programmes as wide-ranging as: BBC’s Morning Live, Pointless Celebrities, Inside Out, Celebrity Eggheads and Watchdog; ITV’s Good Morning Britain and Tonight; Channel 5’s Big Brother’s Bit On The Side and 5 News. He has also recently appeared on The Apprentice: You’re Fired, The Ranganation and The Weakest Link.
In 2018 Ranj swapped his scrubs for sequins as a Strictly Come Dancing contestant, partnered with Janette Manrara. The dancing duo also took part in the Strictly Live Tour in 2019. He got to perform again on television, this time singing on ITV’s hugely popular series All-Star Musicals.
Dr Ranj fronted a brand new ITV series – Dr Ranj: On Call – a weekly magazine show going back to his roots as a medical professional, aiming to galvanise the British nation into taking control of its physical and mental health. His latest series is Extreme Food Phobics for W Channel where he offers help and support to some of the UK’s most severe food phobics.
Dr Ranj also co-hosts Steths, Drugs & Rock ‘n’ Roll; a weekly health podcast with a twist, in association with Dr Tijion Esho, Dr Zoe Williams and Dr Sara Kayat.
Off air, his work can be found in numerous magazines and websites where he gives expert opinions and advice on a range of physical and mental health matters. Ranj has regular columns in Attitude, Now and Family Traveller magazines, as well as being an online health correspondent for NetDoctor. He has published two children’s school books with Oxford University Press, which are distributed internationally with more in the pipeline. As a passionate charity ambassador and a sought-after host of live events and panel discussions, his warmth and enviable dedication make him a valuable voice in this space.
Ranj’s training and experience make him well-qualified to cover a broad range of medical topics and science headlines. Furthermore, being the only TV doctor who specialises in children, young people and families give Ranj the leading edge in this field.
His expertise makes him the perfect medical spokesperson, and his broader passions and hobbies enable him to give a unique and distinctive insight into any subject. Ranj’s charisma and style have made him a household name amongst children and adults, and his impressive social media following highlights his widespread outreach and appeal.
BSc (Hons) MBBS MRCPCH
- 2000 – BSc (Hons) 2:1 Pharmacology & Basic Medical Sciences Guy’s, King’s & St. Thomas’ School of Medicine, London
- 2003 – MBBS (Distinction) Guy’s, King’s & St. Thomas’ School of Medicine, London
- 2007 – Membership of the Royal College of Paediatrics & Child Health RCPCH, London
- 2003-2004 – Pre-Registration House Officer in Medicine & Surgery London
- 2005-2007 – Senior House Officer in Paediatrics & Neonatology South Thames Paediatric Rotation, London
- 2007-2013 – ST2-ST5 Speciality Trainee Doctor in Paediatrics & Neonatology London/Kent
- 2013-2019 – ST6-ST8 Sub-Specialty Trainee Doctor, Paediatric Emergency Medicine London
- 2019-Current Locum Consultant Paediatric Emergency Medicine London
- Current – Instructor in Advanced Paediatric & Neonatal Life Support
- Current – RCPCH Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Board Member
- 2016 – Children’s BAFTA: Interactive – Adapted
- 2018 – Children’s BAFTA: Interactive – Live Action
- 2018 – European Diversity Award: Media Icon
- 2018 – Eastern Eye ACTA Award: Best Presenter
- 2019 – Attitude Award: Television